Monday, April 8

Making the Right Decision about charms for your Nomination bracelet

Nomination charms were created by a guy called Paolo Gensini and they first came about in the eighties in Tuscany. You might recognise them as ‘Italian charm bracelets’ but they’re now more commonly known as Nomination bracelets. The way that the charms connect with Nomination bracelets is different to your ordinary charm bracelet. Instead of charms hanging on to a carrier, the charms connect together to form the bracelet itself. To start off your Nomination charm bracelet, you need to purchase a starter bracelet which is full of plain links. When you buy charms, you need to swap the plain links out – collect these plain links up and then use them to create another starter bracelet.

You can show off your creativity and uniqueness with your Nomination charm bracelet as you select the types of charms on your bracelet. There are around 2000 different styles of Nomination charms so it can often be difficult to whittle it down to just a handful of charms for your bracelet. I thought I would write this post to share with you some of my favourite charms and what charms I have on my bracelet to give you some inspiration. 

A few months ago, I celebrated my birthday and my boyfriend gave me a lovely gold heart Nomination charm with a ribbon around it, it was such a cute charm and lovely gesture … it’s safe to say that he was definitely in my good books! He also bought me a charm with a ‘H’ on it because that’s his initial – I thought this was really sweet and reminded me of the ‘KW’ earrings that Kanye West bought for Kim Kardashian – buying jewellery with your partners initials seems to be really popular at the moment. 

I really like the stone Nomination charms, they’re my favourite type. I’ve added them to my wishlist for Mother’s Day as I don’t actually have any on my bracelet at the moment. They’re lovely, really stunning and give off a fantastic shine when the sunlight hits them! I like the faceted versions, they’re my favourite.
Another type of Nomination charm that I’m really keen on is the drop charms. Currently, on my bracelet I have a gold anchor charm to represent the seaside, my hometown is along the coast so I wanted something to reflect this.  I have the horseshow drop charm on my wishlist at the moment … it’s lovely and would hopefully bring me a bit of luck!

In the Nomination charm collection, there are lots of plain and patterned charms – if you want to make your detailed charms stand out then the best way to do this is by adding plain or patterned charms around them to help them pop. If you like to visit lots of different places and countries, like me, then you’ll like the world-themed charms – there are lots of varieties including Uncle Sam’s hat, and Irish Dancer and a Yorkshire Rose.  There are also flag charms, I tend to buy one every time I come off holiday to represent the country I’ve visited.

Selena Hamsley is a new blogger with a keen interest in anything jewellery or fashion related. The products reviewed here are from XenJewellery.

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | ewa network review